The independent price comparison site has revealed that nearly 350,000 motorists have broken the law in the past year by failing to insure themselves before getting behind the wheel.
MoneyExpert said young people are most likely to drive a vehicle without adequate insurance with almost half of all offenders – 120,000 people aged 18 to 24 – admitting to having done so over the past 12 months.
According to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau the costs of uninsured drivers have added an extra £30 to the
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product