Age is one of several factors, which also includes sex, that affect risk and enables the insurance industry to tailor products precisely and fairly to the individuals concerned and was the topic of a report published by the Association of British Insurers.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, says: "An unintended consequence of applying age equality to car insurance will be a be reduction in premiums for a few at each end of the age range but an increase for the majority.
"There is a significa
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers