Age is one of several factors, which also includes sex, that affect risk and enables the insurance industry to tailor products precisely and fairly to the individuals concerned and was the topic of a report published by the Association of British Insurers.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, says: "An unintended consequence of applying age equality to car insurance will be a be reduction in premiums for a few at each end of the age range but an increase for the majority.
"There is a
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019