Over the past quarter, average quoted premiums for home buildings insurance rose by 1.4% (to an average of £218.60 for an annual policy). This follows a rise of 3.0% over the previous quarter; the largest single increase since the Index began in 1994. Home contents premiums rose by just 0.4% to £150.57. These rises reflect the £750m domestic property claims following last summer’s floods.
Car insurance premiums also rose – comprehensive by 2.4% and third-party, fire and theft (TPFT) cover by
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?