Over the summer the Association of British Insurers (ABI) wrote to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) arguing that quotations for home and motor products should also display last year's premium. The idea was floated as an attempt to make pricing changes more transparent for consumers.
The regulator is currently undertaking a large-scale trial which looks at the type of information that best supports consumers in their decision-making when insurance is up for renewal. The research will finish
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?