Over the summer the Association of British Insurers (ABI) wrote to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) arguing that quotations for home and motor products should also display last year's premium. The idea was floated as an attempt to make pricing changes more transparent for consumers.
The regulator is currently undertaking a large-scale trial which looks at the type of information that best supports consumers in their decision-making when insurance is up for renewal. The research will finish
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData