In a move met with much relief at the time, the Office of Fair Trading referred the UK private motor insurance market to the Competition Commission in September 2012.
The commission was replaced by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) in April of this year, and last month the government body released its provisional decision on remedies for the motor market.
One of the key points addressed in these findings concerned “wide most-favoured nation” (MFN) clauses.
Wide MFNs require that the p
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover