In a move met with much relief at the time, the Office of Fair Trading referred the UK private motor insurance market to the Competition Commission in September 2012.
The commission was replaced by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) in April of this year, and last month the government body released its provisional decision on remedies for the motor market.
One of the key points addressed in these findings concerned “wide most-favoured nation” (MFN) clauses.
Wide MFNs require that the p
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services