The UK personal lines sector continues to defy logic in many ways and, as we head into 2013, there are more questions than answers being thrown up by the motor and household markets.
The motor market in particular continues to conjure up conundrums, and underwriting results prove that few insurers have been able to make this line of business profitable.
Indeed, according to figures from Datamonitor, there have only been two years since 1985 in which the UK motor market has returned a combined op
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover