The UK personal lines sector continues to defy logic in many ways and, as we head into 2013, there are more questions than answers being thrown up by the motor and household markets.
The motor market in particular continues to conjure up conundrums, and underwriting results prove that few insurers have been able to make this line of business profitable.
Indeed, according to figures from Datamonitor, there have only been two years since 1985 in which the UK motor market has returned a combined op
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017