Also discussed is the challenge faced by the government to create a new structure that identifies and understands the systemic risk inherent in some banking activities, and to put in place the appropriate powers to ensure prudential regulation works effectively.
While the importance of the UK becoming properly engaged with the international debate, especially with Europe and the review of the Insurance Mediation Directive is another topic on the agenda.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall