Global management consultants Accenture found that the UK led the rest of Europe in the extent and pace of online insurance with 81% of online motor insurance customers planning to shop around at renewal and only 17% planning to renew with their current provider.
Steve Lathrope, of the insurance industry practice at Accenture, said the impact of these trends had been exacerbated by the "phenomenal" rise of the aggregator channel.
"Providers will need to develop distinctive capabilities to surviv
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall