Global management consultants Accenture found that the UK led the rest of Europe in the extent and pace of online insurance with 81% of online motor insurance customers planning to shop around at renewal and only 17% planning to renew with their current provider.
Steve Lathrope, of the insurance industry practice at Accenture, said the impact of these trends had been exacerbated by the "phenomenal" rise of the aggregator channel.
"Providers will need to develop distinctive capabilities to surviv
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups