Paul Afteni is an associate director at Alexander Forbes Professions.
I joined Markel International's professional liability underwriting team at 9am to find them already in full flow reviewing all the quotes that had been produced during the previous day. Any preconceptions that I may have had about the main work of Lloyd's underwriters were well and truly swept away by 10:30am when Lloyd's first opens its doors.
My perception was that underwriters more or less spend the day doing quotes, wh
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed