Paul Afteni is an associate director at Alexander Forbes Professions.
I joined Markel International's professional liability underwriting team at 9am to find them already in full flow reviewing all the quotes that had been produced during the previous day. Any preconceptions that I may have had about the main work of Lloyd's underwriters were well and truly swept away by 10:30am when Lloyd's first opens its doors.
My perception was that underwriters more or less spend the day doing quotes, wh
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards