Paul Afteni is an associate director at Alexander Forbes Professions.
I joined Markel International's professional liability underwriting team at 9am to find them already in full flow reviewing all the quotes that had been produced during the previous day. Any preconceptions that I may have had about the main work of Lloyd's underwriters were well and truly swept away by 10:30am when Lloyd's first opens its doors.
My perception was that underwriters more or less spend the day doing quotes,
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures