As the countdown to regulation continues, those intermediaries aimingto continue trading after the January 2005 deadline will already beplanning for FSA authorisation with a root-and-branch re-evaluation oftheir businesses.
The challenge for many - especially the smaller firms - will be a stiffone, throwing a harsh spotlight on every aspect of their business.
A fallout rate for independent intermediaries of between 25% and 40% iswidely predicted as a result of regulation. Of special concern,
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed