A new report published by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) has suggested that risk diversification can reduce the capital requirements of general insurers by 25-50%. The ABI has been working with Deloitte to examine the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) new capital regime for general insurance. Peter Vipond, ABI director of financial regulation and taxation said: "Discussions between general insurers and the FSA regarding individual capital assessments are well underway."
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?