Less than 10 years ago, asset management was not a core priority for insurers in terms of intellectual investment or management focus. Instead, liability management was king. Insurers were happy to expend minimal effort on investment risk management capabilities, especially compared to the liability side. In the past, insurers were most often advised to invest in traditional fixed-income core solutions, with little or no diversification into other asset classes.
Most insurers need to maximise
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017