The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has called for the private market for care insurance to be broadened, in order for more insurers to provide long-term care schemes.
Stephen Haddrill, ABI director-general, made the recommendation in response to the Smith Institute Report, a collection of essays that address the issues the government needs to consider in both the delivery and funding of long-term care.
Mr Haddrill said that the insurance industry could play a significant role in helping to
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: The tech revolution
- Circle expands again in 2018