The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has called for the private market for care insurance to be broadened, in order for more insurers to provide long-term care schemes.
Stephen Haddrill, ABI director-general, made the recommendation in response to the Smith Institute Report, a collection of essays that address the issues the government needs to consider in both the delivery and funding of long-term care.
Mr Haddrill said that the insurance industry could play a significant role in helping to
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022