How is the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) funded?
The Ombudsman Service is funded by levies and case fees which authorised financial firms have to pay by law. We receive no government funding.
Although we operate under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, we are not a government body.
How do you ensure that firms that have the most complaints pay the biggest share of your costs?
In general terms the aim is to recover our casehandling costs through case fees and our overhead costs
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club