How is the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) funded?
The Ombudsman Service is funded by levies and case fees which authorised financial firms have to pay by law. We receive no government funding.
Although we operate under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, we are not a government body.
How do you ensure that firms that have the most complaints pay the biggest share of your costs?
In general terms the aim is to recover our casehandling costs through case fees and our overhead costs thro
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure