How is the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) funded?
The Ombudsman Service is funded by levies and case fees which authorised financial firms have to pay by law. We receive no government funding.
Although we operate under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, we are not a government body.
How do you ensure that firms that have the most complaints pay the biggest share of your costs?
In general terms the aim is to recover our casehandling costs through case fees and our overhead costs thro
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel