about Direct Line's recent mailing, the Advertising Standards Authority is
still to make a final decision on the matter.
The broker-only insurer contacted the ASA after Direct Line sent out a
leaflet to its customers claiming: "Someone could be picking your pocket
and you could be letting them do it! They like to call it commission." NIG
Skandia also issued a similar complaint.
In a draft recommendation, the ASA upheld the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders