Claims costs for escape of water have risen 24% for the first nine months of this year compared to the same period in 2014 according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
The latest ABI data showed that, in the first nine months of 2017, domestic escape of water claims cost £483m, rising 1% on the same period in 2016.
Between 2014 and 2016 the total cost of domestic escape of water claims jumped by 24% from £529m to £654m and in the last three years the average cost of these claims has
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger