General and Health insurance revenues in the UK and Ireland increased by 8% from £3,232m in 2006 to £3,499m in 2007.
Elsewhere, in the personal sector, strong revenue growth was evident in motor at Swiftcover where policies in force increased by 178% during 2007 helped by aggregator websites.
However, total general and health insurance underlying earnings in the UK and Ireland, including distribution, decreased by £83m from £263m in 2006 to £180m in 2007. UK commercial revenues were unchange
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti