General and Health insurance revenues in the UK and Ireland increased by 8% from £3,232m in 2006 to £3,499m in 2007.
Elsewhere, in the personal sector, strong revenue growth was evident in motor at Swiftcover where policies in force increased by 178% during 2007 helped by aggregator websites.
However, total general and health insurance underlying earnings in the UK and Ireland, including distribution, decreased by £83m from £263m in 2006 to £180m in 2007. UK commercial revenues were
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK