Up to 50 broker-facing roles at Zurich are set to go as the insurer plans to shed 440 jobs from its UK general insurance business.
The announcement followed closely after the provider reported a 48% fall in operating profit for the third quarter of 2015.
According to Zurich it is aiming to reduce its costs by at least £40m over the next two years, simplify its operating structure and become more efficient in its commercial broker division.
There were differing reactions from brokers as to what t
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product