Up to 50 broker-facing roles at Zurich are set to go as the insurer plans to shed 440 jobs from its UK general insurance business.
The announcement followed closely after the provider reported a 48% fall in operating profit for the third quarter of 2015.
According to Zurich it is aiming to reduce its costs by at least £40m over the next two years, simplify its operating structure and become more efficient in its commercial broker division.
There were differing reactions from brokers as to what t
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin