Up to 50 broker-facing roles at Zurich are set to go as the insurer plans to shed 440 jobs from its UK general insurance business.
The announcement followed closely after the provider reported a 48% fall in operating profit for the third quarter of 2015.
According to Zurich it is aiming to reduce its costs by at least £40m over the next two years, simplify its operating structure and become more efficient in its commercial broker division.
There were differing reactions from brokers as to what t
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal