The Insurance Bill is being dealt with in the House of Commons in February and legal experts say it will most likely be enforced in the autumn of 2016, following an 18-month referral period.
The bill is a much-needed update on the Marine Insurance Act from 1906 and the main changes for the sector are around duties of disclosure, effects of warranties and insurers’ remedies for fraudulent claims.
In the main brokers have welcomed the updating of the law, stating that the new rules around warran
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints