The Insurance Bill is being dealt with in the House of Commons in February and legal experts say it will most likely be enforced in the autumn of 2016, following an 18-month referral period.
The bill is a much-needed update on the Marine Insurance Act from 1906 and the main changes for the sector are around duties of disclosure, effects of warranties and insurers’ remedies for fraudulent claims.
In the main brokers have welcomed the updating of the law, stating that the new rules around warran
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017