Groundhog Day struck once again for brokers last month as the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) forecast that brokers are likely to be hit with another levy rise.
Ahead of publishing the final figures in April the FSCS gave brokers the heads-up that the contribution of the general insurance (GI) intermediation sub-class is likely to rise from £54m to £62m for 2014/15.
For many brokers the days of 2008/2009 when they were only faced with a £1.4m levy must now seem like a distant dre
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley