Is there anything about the Norwich market that sets it apart?
Peter: It is provincial by nature. Someone told me recently that Norwich Union (NU) has one of the lowest average commercial-combined premiums in the UK, so the market is focused on small to medium-sized enterprise business.
Philip: Norwich is experiencing what is happening across the UK - changing from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based one. It has certainly occurred in this area.
Paul: It is very typical of East Anglian
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand