Is there anything about the Norwich market that sets it apart?
Peter: It is provincial by nature. Someone told me recently that Norwich Union (NU) has one of the lowest average commercial-combined premiums in the UK, so the market is focused on small to medium-sized enterprise business.
Philip: Norwich is experiencing what is happening across the UK - changing from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based one. It has certainly occurred in this area.
Paul: It is very typical of East Anglian
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices