The story in question? Road safety minister Stephen Hammond MP announced planned changes to fixed penalties for motorists driving without insurance – the fine will go from £200 to £300.
The issue? This seems to be another instance wherein insurance-related offences are met with a rather weak response, as occurred in May when a cash for crash fraud ring walked out of court with suspended sentences.
Biba welcomed the transport department’s plans, with Graeme Trudgill commenting: “We’re pleased
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners