The story in question? Road safety minister Stephen Hammond MP announced planned changes to fixed penalties for motorists driving without insurance – the fine will go from £200 to £300.
The issue? This seems to be another instance wherein insurance-related offences are met with a rather weak response, as occurred in May when a cash for crash fraud ring walked out of court with suspended sentences.
Biba welcomed the transport department’s plans, with Graeme Trudgill commenting: “We’re pleased tha
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData