The story in question? Road safety minister Stephen Hammond MP announced planned changes to fixed penalties for motorists driving without insurance – the fine will go from £200 to £300.
The issue? This seems to be another instance wherein insurance-related offences are met with a rather weak response, as occurred in May when a cash for crash fraud ring walked out of court with suspended sentences.
Biba welcomed the transport department’s plans, with Graeme Trudgill commenting: “We’re pleased tha
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m