In 1995, the total commercial market in the UK was worth about £7bn. Of this, some 50% was controlled by the independent sector, with the balance serviced by the international brokers.
There were some 10,000 brokers, the majority of which were 'community brokers' looking after business within a reasonably tight geographical area, close to their base and handling all types of general insurance. In addition to handling commercial business, they handled substantial quantities of personal lines a
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed