A median gender pay gap in insurance of 23.2% was found in data reported for the financial year 2018/19 according to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
The previous 12 months found a gap of 24% in median reported pay. Last year the CII called on the insurance sector to do more to ensure equality in pay.
Tali Shlomo, people engagement director of the CII, said: “This is the second year of gender pay gap reporting, which gives our profession the opportunity to explore the impact of
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product