A median gender pay gap in insurance of 23.2% was found in data reported for the financial year 2018/19 according to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
The previous 12 months found a gap of 24% in median reported pay. Last year the CII called on the insurance sector to do more to ensure equality in pay.
Tali Shlomo, people engagement director of the CII, said: “This is the second year of gender pay gap reporting, which gives our profession the opportunity to explore the impact of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m