A median gender pay gap in insurance of 23.2% was found in data reported for the financial year 2018/19 according to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
The previous 12 months found a gap of 24% in median reported pay. Last year the CII called on the insurance sector to do more to ensure equality in pay.
Tali Shlomo, people engagement director of the CII, said: “This is the second year of gender pay gap reporting, which gives our profession the opportunity to explore the impact of
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester