The insurance sector has experienced an increase of 317 percent in data breaches according to a Freedom of Information (FOI) to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The request, made by Egress Software Technologies, showed the increased compared with three year's before. Egress stated that the rise was "worrying considering this sector is meant to be advising clients on their own data protection policies".
The statistics provide a year-on-year analysis of Principle Seven security
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn