The insurance sector has experienced an increase of 317 percent in data breaches according to a Freedom of Information (FOI) to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The request, made by Egress Software Technologies, showed the increased compared with three year's before. Egress stated that the rise was "worrying considering this sector is meant to be advising clients on their own data protection policies".
The statistics provide a year-on-year analysis of Principle Seven security
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries