The insurance sector has experienced an increase of 317 percent in data breaches according to a Freedom of Information (FOI) to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The request, made by Egress Software Technologies, showed the increased compared with three year's before. Egress stated that the rise was "worrying considering this sector is meant to be advising clients on their own data protection policies".
The statistics provide a year-on-year analysis of Principle Seven security
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto