The insurance sector has experienced an increase of 317 percent in data breaches according to a Freedom of Information (FOI) to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The request, made by Egress Software Technologies, showed the increased compared with three year's before. Egress stated that the rise was "worrying considering this sector is meant to be advising clients on their own data protection policies".
The statistics provide a year-on-year analysis of Principle Seven security
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal