The Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) have launched a joint Code of Good Practice for the industry.
According to the trade bodies the code aims to help insurers and insurance brokers recognise and help potentially vulnerable customers who may need help when renewing their car and home insurance.
The code is part of the industry's work to improve customer outcomes.
Under the code participating insurers and brokers will:
• Ensure staff
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product