Principal Insurance has bought BikeTeam from iGO4 Partners, bringing a book of 5,000 bike policyholders to the group.
The Manchester-based broker noted that iGO4 Partners had sold off its motorcycle arm in order to focus on its private motor, van and home insurance lines.
Principal, which in addition to motorcycle operates in niche van, motor trade and classic, performance, kit and high performance car markets, did not disclose how much the deal was worth.
Principal's chairman, Damian Keeli
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product