Ms Yannakoudakis, who is the Conservative spokeswoman on women’s rights, said that a report drafted by the European Parliament’s Women’s Rights Committee in response to the ruling did not go far enough in questioning the decision, which could lead to women’s car insurance premiums increasing by 15%.
She also said the report focused on how to deal with the social consequences of the ruling but failed to make any “rational recommendations”.
Ms Yannakoudakis commented: “Women statistically represen
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks