Ms Yannakoudakis, who is the Conservative spokeswoman on women’s rights, said that a report drafted by the European Parliament’s Women’s Rights Committee in response to the ruling did not go far enough in questioning the decision, which could lead to women’s car insurance premiums increasing by 15%.
She also said the report focused on how to deal with the social consequences of the ruling but failed to make any “rational recommendations”.
Ms Yannakoudakis commented: “Women statistically represen
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark