Ms Yannakoudakis, who is the Conservative spokeswoman on women’s rights, said that a report drafted by the European Parliament’s Women’s Rights Committee in response to the ruling did not go far enough in questioning the decision, which could lead to women’s car insurance premiums increasing by 15%.
She also said the report focused on how to deal with the social consequences of the ruling but failed to make any “rational recommendations”.
Ms Yannakoudakis commented: “Women statistically represen
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product