Ms Yannakoudakis, who is the Conservative spokeswoman on women’s rights, said that a report drafted by the European Parliament’s Women’s Rights Committee in response to the ruling did not go far enough in questioning the decision, which could lead to women’s car insurance premiums increasing by 15%.
She also said the report focused on how to deal with the social consequences of the ruling but failed to make any “rational recommendations”.
Ms Yannakoudakis commented: “Women statistically
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman