Ms Yannakoudakis, who is the Conservative spokeswoman on women’s rights, said that a report drafted by the European Parliament’s Women’s Rights Committee in response to the ruling did not go far enough in questioning the decision, which could lead to women’s car insurance premiums increasing by 15%.
She also said the report focused on how to deal with the social consequences of the ruling but failed to make any “rational recommendations”.
Ms Yannakoudakis commented: “Women statistically represen
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers