Richard Evans and Adam Scott had most recently been acting as consultants for Stonebridge Corporate and Mr Evans said they had come to a "harmonious" agreement with the Epsom-based broker that allowed them to leave with a book of clients.
Amicus has started with a book worth £350,000 in commission but Mr Evans said he hoped to increase this figure to £500,000 by the end of the first year of trading and to double this to £1m after three years.
Mr Evans said: "Amicus has been set up to supply
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders