A new specialist lines underwriting agency has opened in the London market with the launch of Amalfi Underwriting. The firm will underwrite $25m of premium income in its first year of operation and has appointed Peter Smith as director of underwriting for the new venture. The company will focus on a diverse speciality lines portfolio, serving a variety of niche markets, writing both insurance and reinsurance with capital provided by both QBE European Operations and Limit Syndicates.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April