New research from Saga Motor Insurance concludes that UK motorists are missing out on insurance discounts worth almost £100m a year by not parking in their garage.
Only 56% of motorists have a garage, and less than half of these (24% of the total) say they regularly park their car in a garage, instead leaving their car in a more vulnerable position on the drive or road.
The excuses people give for not using their garage varies - but one in five people said they didn't use their garage because
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017