Highway Insurance has launched a direct brand that will be made available through aggregator sites, Insurance Age can reveal.
The personal lines insurer will write business under the name Policies4Less, and will pilot its brand on Gocompare.com.
The initiative is being led by Chris Hill, managing director at Highway, who said the company had launched the pilot to look into alternative distribution.
"This is something that Highway has thought long and hard about; the broker's share of the market has
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley