The UK's largest private-sector union, Amicus, has predicted thatinsurer Aviva's decision to site its new call centre in India will be thefirst blow in a year when 15,000 UK insurance call-centre jobs will belost to international start-ups.
Aviva announced last month that it was planning to build a new call centreand develop a claims processing operation for its UK general insurancebusiness in Bangalore.
The insurer said the move would give the group's UK general insurancebusiness extra flexib
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud