The UK's largest private-sector union, Amicus, has predicted thatinsurer Aviva's decision to site its new call centre in India will be thefirst blow in a year when 15,000 UK insurance call-centre jobs will belost to international start-ups.
Aviva announced last month that it was planning to build a new call centreand develop a claims processing operation for its UK general insurancebusiness in Bangalore.
The insurer said the move would give the group's UK general insurancebusiness extra flexib
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five