Zurich's UK commercial business is urging brokers to advise their customers on how to protect themselves against crime after the insurer estimated it cost small and medium businesses more than £357m in the last three years.
The UK's crime hotspots were London, the East Midlands and the North-west. More than four in ten businesses based in these areas said they'd been a victim of crime over the past three years.
The average cost of crime varied between type of business and location.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017