Motor insurer Highway's retail division has entered the UK top 12 general insurance intermediaries following the acquisition of MRB Insurance Brokers, which trades as 1st Quote. The acquisition brings a further 60,000 policies to Highway Retail, bringing the total number of policies handled to over 170,000. Romford-based MRB was purchased for a total of £6.6m plus further performance related payments.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly