Motor insurer Highway's retail division has entered the UK top 12 general insurance intermediaries following the acquisition of MRB Insurance Brokers, which trades as 1st Quote. The acquisition brings a further 60,000 policies to Highway Retail, bringing the total number of policies handled to over 170,000. Romford-based MRB was purchased for a total of £6.6m plus further performance related payments.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley