The average car insurance premium has increased by 5.24% in the past year, according to the latest Sainsbury's Car Insurance Index. The study revealed that the average car insurance premium was £497.26 in December 2007, compared to £472.52 in December 2006. The index also reported significant differences in premium increases based on age over the past 12 months. Motorists aged between 40 and 50 saw an average rise of 7%, which was the highest of any age group.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five