The average car insurance premium has increased by 5.24% in the past year, according to the latest Sainsbury's Car Insurance Index. The study revealed that the average car insurance premium was £497.26 in December 2007, compared to £472.52 in December 2006. The index also reported significant differences in premium increases based on age over the past 12 months. Motorists aged between 40 and 50 saw an average rise of 7%, which was the highest of any age group.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud