The average car insurance premium has increased by 5.24% in the past year, according to the latest Sainsbury's Car Insurance Index. The study revealed that the average car insurance premium was £497.26 in December 2007, compared to £472.52 in December 2006. The index also reported significant differences in premium increases based on age over the past 12 months. Motorists aged between 40 and 50 saw an average rise of 7%, which was the highest of any age group.
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018