Motor insurer Highway has acquired a personal lines book of business from broker LRG Insurance Services, adding 5,000 policies to its retail division. Highway Retail, which was launched in June 2004 to acquire UK brokers and improve Highway's earning stream, now has just under 100,000 policies. LRG's policies will be transferred to Highway Retail's 30-staff Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire call centre.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017