Norwich Union (NU) conducted the research to explore how the economic downturn was impacting Britons' summer travel plans. The research also found that more than half (58%) would take fewer holidays this year, and three in four were planning to take breaks in the UK rather than abroad over the course of the year in a bid to reduce holiday costs.
Other key findings included:
• 33% of Brits plan to holiday only in the UK this year
• 13% of Brits are planning fewer trips to Europe than in 2007
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData