In the past, drivers with a conviction for using a mobile phone whilst driving had their premium increased in line with motorists with a routine speeding conviction. Allianz is now treating mobile phone use convictions in the same manner as a conviction for careless driving, and increasing premium levels accordingly.
Neil Walker, Allianz Insurance motor manager, said: “Increasing premiums for drivers with mobile phone convictions reinforces the fact that this is a dangerous and needless act.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK