In the past, drivers with a conviction for using a mobile phone whilst driving had their premium increased in line with motorists with a routine speeding conviction. Allianz is now treating mobile phone use convictions in the same manner as a conviction for careless driving, and increasing premium levels accordingly.
Neil Walker, Allianz Insurance motor manager, said: “Increasing premiums for drivers with mobile phone convictions reinforces the fact that this is a dangerous and needless act.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted