Group Direct was founded by Arron Banks and John Gannon in 2001, as a specialist broker for van insurance. The SME broker has has since grown with revenues of £23.3m and EBITDA of £7.5m.
The Group covers a range of products including; van, fleet, motor trade, taxi, minibus, business car, commercial combined, property and personal lines.
Brightside’s purchase of Group Direct includes a strategic investment from Norwich Union of £5.7m, and £4.9m from Stena Investments, one of Sweden’s largest
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017