Group Direct was founded by Arron Banks and John Gannon in 2001, as a specialist broker for van insurance. The SME broker has has since grown with revenues of £23.3m and EBITDA of £7.5m.
The Group covers a range of products including; van, fleet, motor trade, taxi, minibus, business car, commercial combined, property and personal lines.
Brightside’s purchase of Group Direct includes a strategic investment from Norwich Union of £5.7m, and £4.9m from Stena Investments, one of Sweden’s largest
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall