Insurance Age understands Mr Davie has left with four senior members of his team from JW Group, the company he co-founded and sold to Towergate in April 2007. At the time, it was the most significant purchase the consolidator had made in Scotland and Mr Davie became de facto head of operations in the country.
In September last year he was replaced in this role by Alan McEwan who was appointed regional managing director for Scotland. Sources indicate that Towergate felt Mr Davie was better suited
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products