Figures released by the ABI showed that last year insurers uncovered 24,000 fraudulent motor insurance claims worth £260 million, or £5 million every week. The number of dishonest motor claims detected by 70% over the last three years.
Nick Starling, the ABI’s director of general insurance and health, said: “Insurance fraud is no victimless crime. Honest motorists pay through higher insurance premiums – an extra £40 a year on average. This is why insurers are ramping up their crackdown to we
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData