Following press reports over the weekend, the company also said that it has been conducting discussions with all the parties, and the board will be convening today to discuss the proposals.
Novae were the first to announce interest in Chaucer when it proposed a 'nil-premium, all-share' merger.
A number of Bermudian parties are thought to be interested in Chaucer - Flagstone and Endurance both said that they had explored the Lloyd's option, but with little success.
Brit Insurance has declined to com
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services