Following press reports over the weekend, the company also said that it has been conducting discussions with all the parties, and the board will be convening today to discuss the proposals.
Novae were the first to announce interest in Chaucer when it proposed a 'nil-premium, all-share' merger.
A number of Bermudian parties are thought to be interested in Chaucer - Flagstone and Endurance both said that they had explored the Lloyd's option, but with little success.
Brit Insurance has declined to com
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges