The firms’ main activity was providing commercial motor insurance for taxis, learner driver instructors and haulage firms and insurance to a range of social clubs and restaurants.
They are now in administration and no longer conduct general insurance business or any activity regulated by the FSA.
The FSA warned that premiums paid by some customers to Orion Direct or Peppercom may not have been passed to the insurer and that any customer in this position may not have valid insurance cover in
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups