The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) took another step last month towards cementing its status as the industry body that “shoots first and asks questions later”.
The watchdog’s announcement that it would be utilising its power to name firms under investigation was met with some dismay by the broker community.
Ann Peel, technical consultant at Insurance Compliance Services (ICC), explained that many brokers were anxious about the potential for reputational damage.
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022