The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) took another step last month towards cementing its status as the industry body that “shoots first and asks questions later”.
The watchdog’s announcement that it would be utilising its power to name firms under investigation was met with some dismay by the broker community.
Ann Peel, technical consultant at Insurance Compliance Services (ICC), explained that many brokers were anxious about the potential for reputational damage.
“They are w
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted