▶ How did you come to work in insurance?
When I first left school I worked for the civil service for a year and hated it, then a job came up in insurance. In 1981 I worked for a small family high street brokerage in Billericay – computers didn’t exist and you had to work out all the quotes from a rate guide. Then in 1985 I moved to a larger broker in Westcliff where I worked until 1992 when I decided to go out on my own.
▶ What was it like setting up during a recession?
It wasn’t the best of tim
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand