The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has lately come under criticism for the heavy burden it places on smaller brokers when it comes to regulation.
In a recent debate in Parliament, Craig Tracey, Conservative MP for North Warwickshire, said that smaller brokers were being pushed out of the market because they did not have enough time and resources to spend on regulation.
In addition, an Early Day Motion backed by eleven MPs strongly criticised the FCA, Financial Ombudsman Service and Financial
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute