Nope, it was not just the quality of this year's bacon rolls or pastries. But the very fact that for the first time since I have worked on the pages of this magazine, the market genuinely detects that it has turned a corner.
Long-awaited commercial rate rises are now a reality, not just a pipedream while the economy at large is now emerging from some four years of flat lining to post some encouraging GDP growth rates.
Yesterday, the Office for National Statistics confirmed its estimate of 0.7%
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018