North-west intermediary BP Insurance Brokers provides both personal lines and commercial insurance, but the majority of its business comes from personal quotations, including household, motor and travel insurance.
The brokerage was established 45 years ago, when Barry Pimlott (senior) set up an office in Blackpool. The company is family-orientated, and sons Barry (junior) and Christopher are now in charge.
The company has always had ambitious growth targets. Over the last two decades, it has
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey