The National Plant and Equipment Register (TER) is warning plant dealers to be on the alert following a spate of thefts from forecourts.
Tim Purbrick, manager of TER, stated that there had been a definite increase in the criminal targeting of manufacturers' dealer networks with new machines being stolen off forecourts for export to Eastern Europe and beyond.
According to Mr Purbrick the perpetrators of plant theft fall into two criminal types: "Firstly there are the serious organised criminals
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022