The National Plant and Equipment Register (TER) is warning plant dealers to be on the alert following a spate of thefts from forecourts.
Tim Purbrick, manager of TER, stated that there had been a definite increase in the criminal targeting of manufacturers' dealer networks with new machines being stolen off forecourts for export to Eastern Europe and beyond.
According to Mr Purbrick the perpetrators of plant theft fall into two criminal types: "Firstly there are the serious organised criminals
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation